Residential Tenancy Branch (RTB)
This website contains a wealth of information, including:
- Legislation, including the Manufactured Home Park Tenancy Act and Regulation
- Policy Guidelines
- RTB forms, such as Notice of Rent Increase and Notices to End Tenancy
- Many forms can be completed on line and printed
- News releases and information
- Calculator to determine deadlines for document service
The only RTB office open to the public is on the 4th floor at 5021 Kingsway in Burnaby.
Phone numbers for the RTB are:
604-660-1020 (Lower Mainland)
1-800-665-8879 (toll free in BC)
Email address is HSRTO@gov.bc.ca
You can contact the RTB between 9:00 and 4:00 pm, business days.
(Email and phone services are not available between 9:00 and 11:00 am, the last Tuesday of each month; to allow for staff training.)
Submitting Documents to the RTB
Documents, such as evidence for a dispute resolution hearing can be sent to the RTB by mail or fax. Be sure to include the file number if the documents relate to a dispute resolution application or hearing.
File numbers starting with "8"
Mail to: 400 – 5021 Kingsway Fax to: 1-866-341-1269
Burnaby BC V5H 4A5
File numbers starting with "2"
Mail to: PO Box 9298 Stn Prov Govt Fax to: 1-844-953-0420
Victoria BC V8W 9J8
File numbers starting with "5"
Mail to: 305 – 478 Bernard Ave. Fax to: 1-844-953-0404
Kelowna BC V1Y 6N7